Latest Entries »

The Harder They Fall III

So, quick update. I managed to get the pin clipped, drilled new holes and have a much larger pin in place. I had to file down some of the leg to reach the pin. This has resulted in a bit of a gap between the knee joint and the leg armour. I don’t think it looks too obvious.

The picture is a bit blurry, but it shows the length of the pin. It goes down the same depth as you can see protruding. This is substantially longer than the previous pin and there is no room for it to drop further into the leg, thereby shortening the length of rod going into the knee.

I will post more when I have the model ready to rock and roll. It needs some damaged paintwork repaired and a few additions/changes to the paintwork while I am at it.

imag0002

Advertisements

So, I was a bit disillusioned after the Revenant toppled over. I finally got back on the hobby horse and started to work on repairing it.

Here are some pics of the problem/damage.

It looks like the pin went further down into the lower leg and didn’t leave much going into the knee joint. Removing the pin proved to be impossible. Eventually I manage to cut it off and drill a new hole.

The Harder They Fall

So, work continued here and there over the holiday. I had gotten to a point where I figured I would leave it for now.

That was until last night when it toppled over!!!

I felt that the base was not large enough. However, it appears that the knee joint gave way. I had it pinned with brass rod, but it seems it wasn’t strong enough.

Anyway, I think I may do some repainting on some parts of it now.

 

The Bigger They Are III

Slow progress lately due to Christmas coming and all that involves.

Rough base coating applied. It will need another coat or two (the black and bone colours don’t look as even in real-life as they seem in the picture) and then the more detailed stuff and gems will need to be painted. I haven’t decided on a colour for the rhino on the base yet.

imag0935

The Bigger They Are Part II

Work continues on the Revenant. I managed to get it filed and filled ok. Still some mold lines here and there I think, but decided to go ahead and undercoat it so I can see more clearly what needs more work. View full article »

So, I started working on some Wraithguard. These are going to be magnetised with different weapon options. I also started working on my Revenant titan. View full article »

I decided that I need to take a break from painting Blood Angels for a bit. I also feel like the blog name should be 40K Blood Angels as of late.

So, this is a glimpse of what I am working on at the moment.imag0925

View full article »

Terminated

Finished off the terminators. They could do with some highlights and the bases need to be done. However, they will do for now. At some point I will do a basing day and get all the models I have painted recently based up in one go. I will also have to revisit the older terminator squad I painted up and bring them in line with the newer ones.

imag0922 View full article »

More Terminators

So, work continues on the regular Terminators.

imag0921 View full article »

Hammer and Claw Pt 2

So, I have pretty much finished up the assault terminators. I ended up working on the Spacehulk Thunder Hammer guy.

Things have been a bit slow on the painting front this week. I have also been doing a lot of the more mundane stuff, like model prep (removing mold lines etc) and priming. I also assembled and primed a Drop-pod. View full article »