Category: Painting


What’s on the table

So, I managed to find the other three jetbikes. Of course, they weren’t with the rest of my models, but thrown into a box with random things in it. I have assembled the bikes and the Yncarne up to the point where I feel I need to paint the model in separate parts, before final assembly.

IMAG1204

I haven’t glued on all the little flaps on the canopies of the jetbikes. I will use a few with the monitor popping out, but I haven’t decided how many yet.

The next thing now is to get some undercoat. I had been using a grey primer with the airbrush, but I can’t use the airbrush at the moment. Therefore, I think I will use a black primer spray-can. 

The Wraithguard also have me in a conundrum. I had the idea of doing them in a more wraithbone colour scheme, to offset from the predominantly black Ulthwé scheme. However, now I am thinking that maybe I should just spray them black. They have already been primed though and I had just wanted to spray them with a bone colour.

Advertisements

What’s on the table

So, all my hobby stuff had to be packed up and put into storage.  Some of it went into the attic and some is in the bedroom.  My former hobby room is now the nursery. It will be some time before I can sort out a proper hobby space, but I intend to forge ahead with some hobby work here and there.  Perhaps the biggest issue is spraying. While I kept my paint pots handy, my spray cans of primer are in the attic.   I reckon is not the best idea to be using the airbrush in the bedroom. Continue reading

Still Standing

I repaired the damaged paintwork and I also made up a home-made stencil. I used this to add a bit more to the paintjob. I might go back and try to touch up the stencil work a little bit here and there. Otherwise, I think this bad-boy needs some varnish.

imag0964

The Harder They Fall III

So, quick update. I managed to get the pin clipped, drilled new holes and have a much larger pin in place. I had to file down some of the leg to reach the pin. This has resulted in a bit of a gap between the knee joint and the leg armour. I don’t think it looks too obvious.

The picture is a bit blurry, but it shows the length of the pin. It goes down the same depth as you can see protruding. This is substantially longer than the previous pin and there is no room for it to drop further into the leg, thereby shortening the length of rod going into the knee.

I will post more when I have the model ready to rock and roll. It needs some damaged paintwork repaired and a few additions/changes to the paintwork while I am at it.

imag0002

So, I was a bit disillusioned after the Revenant toppled over. I finally got back on the hobby horse and started to work on repairing it.

Here are some pics of the problem/damage.

It looks like the pin went further down into the lower leg and didn’t leave much going into the knee joint. Removing the pin proved to be impossible. Eventually I manage to cut it off and drill a new hole.

The Bigger They Are Part II

Work continues on the Revenant. I managed to get it filed and filled ok. Still some mold lines here and there I think, but decided to go ahead and undercoat it so I can see more clearly what needs more work. Continue reading

So, I started working on some Wraithguard. These are going to be magnetised with different weapon options. I also started working on my Revenant titan. Continue reading

Terminated

Finished off the terminators. They could do with some highlights and the bases need to be done. However, they will do for now. At some point I will do a basing day and get all the models I have painted recently based up in one go. I will also have to revisit the older terminator squad I painted up and bring them in line with the newer ones.

imag0922 Continue reading

Hammer and Claw Pt 2

So, I have pretty much finished up the assault terminators. I ended up working on the Spacehulk Thunder Hammer guy.

Things have been a bit slow on the painting front this week. I have also been doing a lot of the more mundane stuff, like model prep (removing mold lines etc) and priming. I also assembled and primed a Drop-pod. Continue reading

Hammer and Claw

So, got to work on the terminators. The original plan was to do 12 in total. I had 10 terminators and numerous terminators from the old starter box set Assault on Black Reach and then the lightning claw and Thunderhammer/Stormshield guys from Spacehulk.

imag0861 Continue reading