Archive for January, 2017


Still Standing

I repaired the damaged paintwork and I also made up a home-made stencil. I used this to add a bit more to the paintjob. I might go back and try to touch up the stencil work a little bit here and there. Otherwise, I think this bad-boy needs some varnish.

imag0964

Advertisements

The Harder They Fall III

So, quick update. I managed to get the pin clipped, drilled new holes and have a much larger pin in place. I had to file down some of the leg to reach the pin. This has resulted in a bit of a gap between the knee joint and the leg armour. I don’t think it looks too obvious.

The picture is a bit blurry, but it shows the length of the pin. It goes down the same depth as you can see protruding. This is substantially longer than the previous pin and there is no room for it to drop further into the leg, thereby shortening the length of rod going into the knee.

I will post more when I have the model ready to rock and roll. It needs some damaged paintwork repaired and a few additions/changes to the paintwork while I am at it.

imag0002

So, I was a bit disillusioned after the Revenant toppled over. I finally got back on the hobby horse and started to work on repairing it.

Here are some pics of the problem/damage.

It looks like the pin went further down into the lower leg and didn’t leave much going into the knee joint. Removing the pin proved to be impossible. Eventually I manage to cut it off and drill a new hole.

The Harder They Fall

So, work continued here and there over the holiday. I had gotten to a point where I figured I would leave it for now.

That was until last night when it toppled over!!!

I felt that the base was not large enough. However, it appears that the knee joint gave way. I had it pinned with brass rod, but it seems it wasn’t strong enough.

Anyway, I think I may do some repainting on some parts of it now.